Brings search functionalities to Discord thanks to the Google Search API.
Bot that brings search functionalities to Discord thanks to the Google Search API.
- Global search.
- Site search through the use of keywords.
- Excludes NSFW results unless query is run of NSFW channels.
- node.js runs the application.
- Mongoose acts as a middleware to handle data management with MongoDB.
- discord.js handles communication with the Discord API.
- Install node.js
- Run the following command:
The project requires a settings.ts file to be created. A settings.example.ts file exists with all the fields required. In order to generate a Discord authToken, follow this tutorial up to step 3.
- Set up up your settings.ts (more information in the configuration section)
npm starton a terminal to start the server.
- If not added already, add you bot to your server following the guide posted in the configuration section up to step 4.
||Displays information about the bot.|
||Displays the bot's help.|
||Displays all available keywords.|
||Sets a site keyword.||
||Unsets a site keyword.||
||Searches for the query on Google.||
||Searches for the query on the site registered for the passed keyword.||
Want to share QueryBot along with other bots? Click here to add it to a list!